Safe Routes Michigan is hosting a Safe Routes to School Training in Escanaba on Thursday, May 30th.
The SRTS regional trainings are for school champions, award recipients, principals, school transportation officials, planners, and road authorities, who want to dive deeper into the SRTS movement.
The regional trainings will consists small group, hands-on sessions designed to help you build or sustain a SRTS project and presentations meant to share best practices and success stories from some of Michigan’s most innovative projects. Breakout session topics include:
- Navigating the Planning Process
- Navigating the Application Process
- Students at the Center: Youth Engagement and Leadership with SRTS
- Building Sustainable District-Wide SRTS Programs
- Asset Mapping: From Resources to Volunteers
- Diversify and Amplify: Leveraging Partnerships to Strengthen Your Program
All trainings go from 10AM to 3PM with registration and networking starting at 9AM and a FREE lunch included. However, registration is required as space is limited. For more information and to register, please click the link below!