- Access management is a set of proven techniques that can help do the following:
- Reduce the number of crashes and improve safety
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Preserve the flow of traffic by managing the location, design and type of access to the property
- Enhance the value of private land development
Access Management Plans by County
An access management plan has been completed for the US-2/US-41/M-35 Corridor within the City of Escanaba and Wells Township. Access Management Team discusses and reviews issues along the Corridor; the team meets on as needed basis.
- US-2/US-41/M-35 Access Management Plan
The US-2/141/M-95 Access Management Team has been in place since 2004, and meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 1:30 pm CST in the Breitung Township Hall in Quinnessec.
- US-2/US-141/M-95 Access Management Plan
The US-41/M-28 Access Management Team has been active since 2003, and meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 9:00 am EST at TBD locations along the corridor. The 2004 Plan has recently (2010) been updated through the collaborative efforts of the CUPPAD Regional Commission and the Marquette County Planning Department.
- US-41/M-28 Access Management Plan- 2004
- US-41/M-28 Access Management Plan- 2010
For more information regarding Access Management, please contact CUPPAD or email Peter Van Steen.
Questions? Call us at 906-786-9234 or toll free at 1-800-562-9828.